Oreos when crushed and mixed to form a delectable cake is just a dream cake for Oreo lovers. The cake we are going to bake is a double chocolate layer cake with Oreo cookies stuffed inside along with thick cream filling, and Oreo coating. We know that you are having a mouth-watering experience after reading this. So, let’s quickly dive in below to the recipe part.
For the Cake
· 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (285 gm)
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil (118 ml)
· 2 1/2 tsp baking powder (9 gm)
· 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 gm)
· 3 large eggs
· 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (15 ml)
· 1/2 cup light sour cream (118 ml)
· 2 cups all-purpose flour (280 gm)
· 1 tsp salt (5 gm)
· 1/2 cup cocoa powder (55 gm)
· 1 1/4 cup brewed coffee (355 ml)
· 1 tbsp espresso powder (5 gm) (optional)
For the Frosting
· 2 cups (4 sticks) (453 gm) unsalted butter, cold
· 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
· 3 tbsp (30-44 ml) heavy whipping cream
· 7–8 cups (910-1041 gm) powdered sugar
· 1 big packet of Oreos (400 gm)
· Pinch of salt
Recipe / Instructions
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take three 8-inch round cake baking containers, line the base with baking paper and oil the sides.
· In a big bowl, mix the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. With a blender, beat on medium speed until the eggs and oil are well mixed and the batter is lighter in shading. Next blend in the harsh cream and beat until very much consolidated.
· In a different bowl, filter together the dry ingredients. Alternate half of the dry ingredients followed by half of the espresso and blend just until the flour begins to mix. Repeat the same with the remaining ingredients.
· Mix the two mixtures. Utilize a spatula to scratch down the sides of the bowl and mix the batter from the base to the top to make sure that there are no clumps.
· Equally divide the batter between the three prepared containers. Bake at 350 degrees F for 21 to 24 minutes. Rotate the pan in between for uniform baking.
· You can check if the cake is baked or not by inserting a toothpick in the centre. Once the cake is baked, let it cool in the container for 10 minutes and then invert it on a wire rack to cool off totally.
· In the meantime, make the icing. Cut the butter into pieces. Utilizing the whisk connection, whip the butter at medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, scratching down the bowl.
· Gradually include the powdered sugar (2 cups at once) and then add heavy whipped cream, blending on low speed until it’s mixed into the spread. Now increase the speed to high and beat for around a minute. Repeat until all your powdered sugar has been included.
· Leave 6 Oreos for decoration. In a mixer, crush the rest of the Oreos into a fine crumb. Add the crushed Oreos to the icing alongside the vanilla extract.Beat the icing mixture for a minute.
· Now assemble the cake. Level off your cakes from the top. Put a layer of cake on your serving plate.
· Pipe the first layer of icing on this layer. Spread equitably with a balance spatula. Include the second layer of cake and include the rest of the icing. Spot the third layer of cake on top.
· Use your balance spatula to press any extra icing onto the edges of the cake. Use an offset spatula for a smooth edge.
· You can now make rosettes on the top of the cake using a star tip nozzle. Use the remaining 6 oreos to decorate the cake by placing these in a pattern. You can also crush these to simply garnish the cake.
So, that was the complete Oreo cake recipe. Bake this super delectable cake for you and your dear ones. You are surely going to love this yummy cake. Can’t bake this cake? Get the exact same delicious cake from an online bakery by availing cake delivery in Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, or in any other city where you live. Happy baking!